Search This Blog

Friday, October 9, 2009

AnySoldier.com

I'm SUPER excited.


I have 2 med. size boxes of items we were hoping to donate to a local homeless shelter... until I called.

They were pretty short with me. Top that with that they pretty much told me they didn't want health and beauty items and then proceeded to give me what amounted to a list of demanded donate items. (primarily diapers, wipes, milk and formula)

So, I decided to look for other resources and remembered something about anysoldier.com. Looked it up and we just "adopted" 2 "units". I pretty excited that both units are fresh in the field so haven’t received much support yet which means that our family can support them their whole tour. I'm also thrilled that both "units" are from California! WOO HOO!!

Alan is pretty pumped up too. He was in the USMC for 16 years.
Add to that that my Middle Brother is in the USN going on 10+ years, my Dad retired from the USN, every single one of my uncles (3) and both my Grandfather and my Greatgrandfather served in the military and you'll start to *get* just how stinkin' proud we are of our Men and Women in uniform!!! It's an honor to be able to "help" and "support" them in any way we can.

*postage to an APO/FPO address is the same as domestic postage fees

*I have boxes of full size and sample size freebies

*each person posting on anysoldier.com has a "wish list" for their group which helps you fill the needs of that group

*the holidays are right around the corner. What a warm fuzzy feeling my family will have knowing they are helping to brighten a soldiers day... especially when we realize they will be away from their family and friends during such a special time in our year. It's an AWESOME reminder to us of the sacrifices they make on our behalf. (isn't that humbling!!!???)

So this weekend some of our "family time" will be dedicated to getting 2 boxes ready to mail and writing a letter to our selected "soldier".


No comments:

Post a Comment